Thursday, October 09, 2008

"Hand Update"


I went to see the surgeon and the physical therapist on Tuesday and they both were happy with my heeling process. Even though I think it looks gross, they both said that it looks good. I'm not a doctor so I am going to agree with what they said. LOL I decided to take pictures each week to document the heeling process. The pictures don't look that different from the pictures I shared after the surgery so I won't post those. I will wait until there is a noticeable change. (maybe they won't be so gross then) The physical therapist said that I don't have to see him again, which I was happy about, but that means I am responsible for my own therapy. They want me to start bending it to try to make a fist. It doesn't hurt to do that but it doesn't really bend that way too well cause it is still pretty swollen. The part that hurts is when I extend the finger back or try to straighten it out. It sends pain up my whole arm like I got struck by lightening. The surgeon said that is because of the nerves. I have to bend it till it hurts and then try to go a little more. That is really hard because the pain is so bad when I do that, no matter how much pain medication I have in my system. Thanks again everyone for your e-mails, cards, goodies, and for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to me. I have to say that the stamping community has to be the kindest most generous people in the world.
The rose is from the rose bush in my front yard. Beautiful ha?

7 comments:

Lauri said...

PT is tough, but glad you are back on your way to a full recovery! You should challenge all your readers to do virtual PT with you! We call all sit home and make fists and straighten our fingers and virutally support you through your pain!

de said...

Glad to hear you are healing and I hope the pain dissipates soon! You're in my thoughts and prayers! LOL, I like Lauri's suggestion!!!

pescbrico said...

I'm glad things are on the right track. I know those exercices are painfull but it's the better way to recover as much movement it's possible to do so keep going :)

Dani said...

Oh ouch! So sorry! Keep trying with the therapy. You have to get better so we can all enjoy your work! :)

JoAnna Goodman said...

I am so glad you are healing! Slowly, but surely, the therapy will pay off! You're in my thoughts and prayers! The picture is beautiful!! Hugs!

Lorie said...

That rose is absolutely beautiful! Good deal with how your hand is progressing! Keep it up!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery!