Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Clear Envelope Candy Purse"


Today is my 15th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it, 15 years. WOW! We don't exchange gifts for our anniversary, we usually just go out to dinner. However, a couple years ago Tony took me to Napa Valley and we stayed in a bed and breakfast, went out to dinner, and in the morning he took me hot air ballooning. It was super cool. But this year we are going out to dinner as a family. The kids like to go out to dinner and we don't do it too often so that's our plan.

These candy purses are so fun to make. They are made out of SU's clear envelopes. I know right, how cool is that! You can put anything in them. I picked Hershey Miniatures. The are pretty easy to make too. This is a picture of the purse opened so you can see where to put the Velcro Dots. Here is a video tutorial on how to make these cute clear envelope candy purses.
Stamps: Tag Time
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Bella Rose DP, Sweet Always DP, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (I don't have the all of the new IN Colors but the olive and ruby red matched pretty good for this project)
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, SU Clear Envelope, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Scor-Tape, Velcro Dots, Rectangle Hand Held Punch, Candy, Creative Memories Cutting Tools

8 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Your purses are adorable!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

You have had a lot of yummy projects lately!!! Your pouches are so cute! Happy Anniversary!

*kathleen* said...

Happy Anniv! I found your blog while viewing your great gallery at SCS. I too am a Cali girl by way of Minnesota! MN is not home but I lived there for 4 years and still miss it - I DO NOT miss the snow!! Only on Christmas morning...I'd love to go sledding again on Christmas and come inside for homemade cocoa and presents! Thanks for sharing all your fabulous ideas!

Krista Wolf said...

Happy Anniversary. I had to leave a comment because we share the same anniversary. My husband and I were also married on Sept. 11, 1993! How weird. Oh, cute purses too. :)

Anonymous said...

First of all Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and may you have many, many more. I had forgotten about this project thanks for showing it and the link to Dawns tutorial. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Unknown said...

What a great idea, this is a wonderful project.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! Might have to give it a try!

Tru said...

Sorry I've been so slack. These are such cute purses. You come up with the greatest ideas!!