Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Stamped Tile Trivet"


My best friend Shelly sent me this stamped trivet that she made. It's 8 x 10 Pretty cool ha? She stamped everything and then sprayed it with an acrylic sealer. She used a glossy finish on it. I have a vase on it right now and when I went to take the vase off it stuck and left a vase bottom ring on the trivet. I don't know if that is because of the gloss finish or because of the humidity.

On the back she put strips of felt on it so it won't scratch the table. I am pretty sure she used regular ink and not stazon for this. I am waiting for her e-mail reply to get the full details and then I will let you know.

*I just heard from Shelly and yes she did use stazon ink. *

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Definitely let us know! What a neat thing to make!

Heather said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

We have made coasters like this before we stamped with staz-on then colored in with Stampin-Up markers then we baked it for about 20 minutes when it cools down then we sprayed it. They are great. Cindy, Camby, Ind

Chris said...

this is very pretty!! what a great project this would be...