Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Wedding Favors"


My neighbors niece is getting married in August and wants some kind of hand made favor to put on the tables for the guests to take home. So Lupe (my fabulous neighbor) and I made a bunch of samples for her to pick from. Her colors are red, black, and white. We are going to make the peppermint sammiches for sure and we were trying to talk her into the bag toppers but she decided on the wrapped Hershey bars. However, she didn't care for the ones we came up with. She wants the wrapper to be embossed with the divine swirl cuttlebug embossing folder and she isn't too crazy about the roses. So we are going to do the black and red embossed Hershey bar wrappers and put a sheer ribbon around them and add a thank you tag and see if she likes those. I will post a picture of that when we are done with the samples. We are looking at about 200 of them to make. Whew. Thanks for looking and you all have a great day!
Stamps: Roses In Winter
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Crimper, Hershey Bar, Giga and Mega Scallop Circle, Baggie, Silver Brads, Address Labels, Hershey Nuggets, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punchs, York Peppermints

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Rochelle, I think these are beautiful. I am positive she will enjoy whatever you make;)

I sent an email with a link to a project I made with your card keeper just curious to see what you think.

http://sarastudio.blogspot.com/2008/06/diaper-bag-technique-tutorial.html

Happy Stamp Day!

Dana said...

Good luck! The ones you made ROCK! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I can't wait to the final outcome! I'm sure she will love them! Wish I was there to help you make them, but Arkansas is not quite close enough, hehe!

Maria H. said...

Rochelle: I LOVE these you did already. Bride's can be very picky though, so I am sure the others will be good too. I LOVE that roses in winter set!

Lauri said...

Well, those are beautiful! That scor-pal will sure come in handy making 200!!!!

Anonymous said...

How funny...I am taking a break from making 200 treat bags for a bride friend myself! For her I printed a calligraphy "E"(first letter of her new last name) on my computer, circle punched it, and used the scallop punch to make a medallion...Could you do something like that on the candy bar instead of the roses?

JoAnna Goodman said...

These look great, but I know you always do a great job! The other ones will ROCK, too! However, shall I say. . .get busy...heehee! Hugs!

Krista said...

Good luck, hope your bride appreciates all the hard work that will go into making those favors!!

Doris said...

These are all gorgeous! What a good friend you are to go to all this trouble. Please visit my blog when you get a chance and help me out with my challenge!

Melissa said...

200 huh? Holy Moly!!

No matter the number, your gift items always rock!

Many Blessings,
M.

Whimsey said...

I love them; they are all GORGEOUS. I'll have to share my nightmare wedding story on our SBS blog!!! :D

Can't wait to see the final Hershey bars!!

stampingmommy said...

Rochelle - I think these are all gorgeous! I love the roses - perfect for a wedding. I am sure everything else you come up with will be gorgeous too! Where were you about 10 years ago when I got married!!?? :0)

Deb said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is great!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great job! Can't wait to see the others, they sound very pretty as well. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Very elegant wedding favors. How nice of you to help Lupe make them for her niece.

Personally, I think edible favors are nice because they get consumed ;)