Monday, June 23, 2008

"Best Friends"


So I woke up Saturday with something goin' on with my eye. I blew it off cause I was just thinking that it was allergies. We have hundreds of fires going on right now in California, some as close as 40 miles from me. The air is very smokey and smells like fire. Well each day it is getting redder and more swollen. This morning my lids were swollen and stuck shut. So now I am thinking it is pink eye. At least I am hoping it is pink eye. I know who hopes for pink eye. Well, that would be me. I'll tell you why. I had a bad infection that started in 2003. I ended up having a corneal transplant in 2005. I don't want to go through that again. The virus I had is still in my eye and will be there forever, it also can come back at any time. So I would rather have pink eye that can be treated and will go away than get that virus back. I have an appointment this afternoon to find out what is going on.
Ok, now on to this card. Don't you love the colors of this paper? What a great combo. This is a long card. 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 folded in half.
Stamps: Stampendous, Hero Arts
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Basic Black, Paper Salon DP
Ink: Stazon Black, Pink Passion
Accessories: Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Stickles, SU Markers

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I love your card. Your color choices are - FANTASTIC!!! (I've got to buy more Bees.)

I hope your eye problem is just an infection. Nothing more. Keep us posted.

Lauri said...

Beautiful colors on the card...hope you are okay with your eye! Let us know how you make out!

Melissa said...

Oh Rochelle! I certainly hope that it's pink eye too!

Super cute card btw!

Many Blessings,
M.

Tiffany said...

Very cute card!!! Love the colors.

Best of luck with your eye. Let us know the outcome.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! That must have been awful! I hope it's not serious this time. This card is too cute and the colors are great!

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Beautiful card!

I hope everythings better with you eye this afternoon.

CreativeMish said...

Icky! Pink Eye! Been there... done that! hopefully thats it.. at least its easy to treat

Unknown said...

Rochelle, best of luck at the eye Dr. praying for you that it is not so serious.

Love the card, BG paper is divine!

Doris said...

Oh, Rochelle, I do hope it's only pin eye--I'll be praying for you. Meanwhile, your card is inspiring!

Sandra Smart said...

hope your eye is better soon and that it is nothing serious!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was looking for a centerpiece for July 4th on SCS and saw your Easter one! I love it! I hope your eye is okay. I got a papercut on my cornea once (really deep) and it was just awful.

unsinkable

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, with you history I'm ashamed of you letting your eye problem go like that! Good heavens woman! I'm hoping for pink eye too! (no matter how weird it feels! LOL!) And I DO love those colors and all your cutest in the world projects for teachers! queen Mary G

Tru said...

Gorgeous card, very cute Bugs, Hope your eye is better soon.