Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Popsicle Card"


I saw these the other day on Patty Bennett's blog. Are they cute or what? Yes, they are. How fun it was to make a bunch of these up. I am going to do some more and package them up as sets. They make great summer birthday cards or invites to birthday's or BBQ's. I was going to make them for my up coming class at the parks and rec but my scallop punch wasn't cooperating with me punching through two pieces of cardstock. I talked to Patty and she said that she punched one corner first and then lined up the other side and punched the back out so they matched up. Brilliant! LOL So if you are making these, that is a tip. You guys are always lucky with my directions. Cause you get to learn from my mistakes and do it right the first time with no frustrations. Ha ha ha. For the grapes, I used a hand held circle punch and punched out 10 circles, glued them down in a triangle shape, and then punched them out with the SU 1 1/4 inch punch. That way they were perfectly in the circle. For the leaf I just eye balled it and cut it out. The greeting is from Birthday Whimsy but is is hard to see in the picture cause it is the same color as the cardstock. On the inside from the same set it says ...and many more. Patty used a rectangle ribbon punch to weave the Popsicle stick through, I just glued mine down so that the completed card measures 5 1/2 tall and will fit in a A2 envelope. The inside white piece is popped up with dimensionals.

Cut your cardstock 5 x 4 score in half so the card measures 4 x 2 1/2 the white inside piece is cut to 2 1/4 x 3 3/4
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red
Accessories: SU Circle Punches, Hand Held Circle Punch, Popsicle Stick, SU Scallop Punch, Dimensionals, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, SU Markers (for the cherry)

24 comments:

Kelley said...

So stinkin' cute! I'm definitely going to have to CASE these for our family picnic this summer!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh these are just too cute. Add me to the list of CASERS for this project. TFS

Melissa said...

Super cute Rochelle! I think I might have to try one of these myself!

Many Blessings,
M.

Nicole said...

absolutely adorable!! :D

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are fabulous! Gotta make some of these!

CreativeMish said...

Very fun! They look so bright and summery!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love them!!!

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh! Totally CUTE, CUTE, CUTE~! I've got to make some! Thank you for the tip too!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. I love them. I can't wait to make some. Cindy in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Love 'em!! And thanks for all the tips!!!

Deb said...

Sooooo, soooo, sooo cute! Thinking Coldstone gift cards on the inside for teacher gifts. . .

Thanks for sharing the idea (and the trick with the scallop punch!).

Latisha said...

There are so many possibilities for this card. Thanks for sharing...I too shall be casing this >"<
Latisha

Jennifer Orbaker said...

We will so be doing this for our barbecue this summer! Thanks for the great idea!

Sandra Smart said...

Oh, another great project! They are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

These are great cards, love them!

Yummy!

Dorothy said...

YOU are something else. Where do you get all these fresh and new ideas from? Love, Love, love them!!! Thanks for sharing!
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Okay, has the word "cute" been used yet?! I LOVE these!

Heather said...

Adorable! What a neat idea- and I love how you made it your own by adding the fruit medallions. You have great ideas on your blog.

cyndi said...

these are soo soooo sooooooo cute! i will have to try this out!

Anonymous said...

Rochelle - these are amazing! Thanks for sharing. I already made 4 sets of them with an orange, lime, cherry and fudge popsicle in each set. I can't wait to give them away. Oh..and thanks to the post above for the idea of the ice cream gift card inside. I'm going to do that today and write inside "thanks for being a COOL teacher"

kathleenh said...

Rochelle, I saw these on Patty's blog and made one last night too! They are so much fun to make. Yours looks great in all the various "flavors"!

Michelle said...

Very cool - my upline just gave me a pack of card with one of these to make up! Love them.
Thakss Rochelle
Michelle SBS10

Anonymous said...

I saw these and let Joanna from JoAnna's Creative Expressions know that she had to make me some for thank yous to give to my students! I have bookmarked your blog with your wonderful ideas! Keep them comin!!!!

Unknown said...

These are just the cutest cards ever. I love them! Thanks for sharing and being willing to be CASEd!