Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Belli Challenge #17- Die Cuts"


What is the Belli Challenge you ask? Belli = Embellishments. My friend Chris hosts this challenge every week. This is my first time participating. This weeks challenge is Die Cuts. Here is where you can go to get more info.
For this card I decided to use nestibilities. I don't have any but my friend Kristine cut some out for me. I am seriously thinking about getting some. I really like them. I also paper pieced this Bella's outfit. I stamped her on the polka dot paper for her shirt and then again on the reverse side for her pants, then cut them both out and glued them on the stamped image. Instant outfit!
Stamps: Stamping Bella, Hero Arts
Paper: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Stazon Black
Accessories: Nestibilities, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers

I decided to to two cards for this challenge. I don't know the colors of the butterflies. My friend Shelly sent them to me like forever ago. I totally forgot that I had them. They are all on shimmer paper though which is super cool. I embossed the greeting from Hero Arts cause I thought it matched the gray paper better than if I inked the greeting on the paper or made the greeting and matted it on the card.

6 comments:

wendy peatross said...

You have such a neat blog. I love all of your cute ideas. It was fun to look back and see your cute projects.

Tiffany said...

Great cards! The butterflies are so cute.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love the cards! The color combo on the Bella card is great!

Melissa said...

Fabulous Bella! She always looks so happy - perhaps it's the drink in her hand??! :)

Many Blessings,
M.

Whimsey said...

Great cards; love those butterflies! Love the bella card...yeah, I'm thinking you need to buy some nestabilities!!! :D

Buy them from Cut at Home and use their 40% off discount; makes them incredibly reasonable - I'll admit their shipping is slow, but the price is incredible with the coupon!!

Hugs,
Michele - SBS10

Holly said...

Cute cards!! Thanks so much for participating in the Belli challenge! Looking forward to seeing what you create next week. :-)