Monday, April 07, 2008

"You Are My Sunshine"


I made this card this morning with my new embossing folder. It is called Swiss Dots. I love this one. The greeting is a Studio G clear stamp that I got from my friend Shelly from MN. I think it works great with this cute little birdie. Of course I had to add stickles on the flowers. I also didn't want to add a third color so I did the pink scallop and added the white dots to make it not so pink. You know what I mean. I also popped it up on thick foam dots to give it nice dimension. SU dimensionals just wouldn't cut it.
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Studio G
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Giga and Mega Scallop Punch, SU White Gel Pen, SU Markers, Foam Dots, Pink Organdy Ribbon, Stickles

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It's so simple, cute, and quick to make. If I have that embossing folder, I'm CASIN' it...*smile*

Margaret

Melissa said...

Love it!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lee said...

Just precious and adorable!! I also just love my Swiss Dots folder!!

Nancy said...

Love it! I have been on a search for this folder and none to be had here in Phoenix. :(

Anonymous said...

How pretty and feminine!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This is such a sweet card! So glad you got you a Cuttlebug!

CreativeMish said...

Great card! I really want some of these new embossing folders but I haven't seen them in any stores here yet.. and it seems everyone on line is out of them :(

Amy said...

Very cute! I miraculously found this folder at a Hobby Lobby. I didn't know how lucky I was until I hear so many people say they can't find it!

Have a GREAT week! Hopefully I'll post something new! :)

Lauri said...

Very nice card! I love that you kept the colors simple!

Unknown said...

Its lovely, someone sent me some cuttlebug embossed paper in a PIF and I was very impressed!The simple colour scheme makes it very elegant :-)

stampingmommy said...

I love it!! I really want this folder but haven't been able to find it yet! It really adds the perfect dimension to your beautiful card.
Heather (SBS10)

Heather said...

Really cute card- I especially love the texture.

Robyn said...

Pink on pink is soooo sweet!! Love it!