Friday, April 25, 2008

Birthday Whimsy


Another Nancy Hill inspired item. Nancy got this card (with different colors) in a swap she did at stamp mania. I loved it so I had to case it. I wanted to make several of them to use when I need a quick birthday card, but would you believe with all the paper I brought with me to LA I only had 1/2 of a sheet of rose red? Yeah, me neither. I use that color all the time. Sure enough when I got home I found my pack of rose red just sitting there. The frosting on the cake is a SU scallop punch that I cut to fit the top of the cake. Then I rubbed the frosting with versamark and covered it with iridescent ice. You can't see it very good in the picture but in real life it is shiny. Also the blue stripe is crimped. I don't think you can see that very well either in the picture.
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Cutie Pie SU DP
Ink: Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, Versamark
Accessories: Crimper, Iridescent Ice, SU Scallop Punch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Card!

Back Porch Stamper said...

An adorable card. Love how you used the scallop punch for the cake icing!

Nancy said...

Ummm I see a CASE of a CASE coming on.
Love how you did the scallop and bling on the cake! Just adorable.

JoAnna Goodman said...

What a good birthday card to have on hand! I might even have to CASE this one, myself!

Courtney said...

What a fun and bright card! Great job... and only 1/2 sheet of rose red? What are you crazy???

Lauri said...

I love the way you did the frosting! I just got this set but have not used it yet...so yes, another case is on the way!

Melissa said...

Um, I'm feeling a CASE coming on!

Fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

Chris said...

this is a great cardb to have on hand...i am really liking tat birthday stamp set...>"<