Friday, March 28, 2008

"My Embarrassing Day At The Gym"

I have to tell you a funny story about what happened to me at the gym. I was on the treadmill minding my own business and this guy decides to get on the treadmill next to me. This is the one day I don't have my headphones with me cause I brought the girls and they were in the kids play area and I wanted to be able to hear myself being paged if something was wrong. All of a sudden this guy is like, "Come on down, you're the next contestant on the Price Is right", I'm like, ok this guy talks to himself. What ever. Then he says to me. "Hey! Are you watching? Pick a number" I was like what? and he said, "pick a number 2 4 7 5 or 9" I didn't know what he was talking about and then he said, "hurry up" so I picked 2 and then he said, "I pick 5" then he tells me that we are biding on a 2008 camper. I was thinking, ok why are you talking to me? I don't want to play. I just want to work out. I don't even know you and you are kinda weird. (I won the camper by the way) Then he started talking about politics, gas prices, the war, how he doesn't like Drew Carey and he shouldn't be hosting The Price Is Right, and then he asked me if I watch that show about the lie detector. I said no, I don't watch it. I thought the conversation was going to be over. Boy was I wrong. He said that it is a great show and that I should watch it. And he proceeded to tell me I swear every question from every episode, kinda loud too. And if you don't know what the show is about apparently there is a lot of questions about sex. And he is talking very loud. It was weird. I didn't want to be rude but I didn't really want to talk either. I had only been on the treadmill for 20 minutes when he jumped on his and I wasn't done yet and I think it would have been rude for me to jump off my treadmill and go to another one. So I toughed it out. After 25 more minutes I was done with my cardio and was going to move on to the weights so I pressed stop on my machine and all of a sudden he yelled, "YOU GO GIRL!! LOOK AT YOU!! YOU BURNED 600 CALORIES!! WAY TO GO!! YOU GO GIRL, YOU GO!! I was so embarrassed. It is funny now but not at the time. I saw him again yesterday but I didn't make eye contact with him. I don't think he saw me. LOL

19 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I think his twin brother is at my gym-and maybe his grampa and oh god, dont get me started about the phantom (I havent figured out if she's lesbian, a tramp or into only black guys-but she has been kicked out of every gym in town for stalking. I see her coming toward me (she lives down my street) and I book.

Anonymous said...

I was so desperate to be left alone that I brought magazines into the steam room. Yeah, I did....did it work? No these dumb guys would come in "Whatcha readin?". And I would be thinking...anything to get you to leave me alone. Never worked. Why why why do they think we want to talk to them?

Kristine Reynolds said...

Yet, another "reason" I don't go to the gym....hee, heee..

Melissa said...

Oh dear!

KimberlyO said...

Oh man! This is why I switched from a "Curves" type of gym to one of the twenty four hour gyms. While I AM a social person, I don't like to chit-chat when I am working out.

Great job on burning 600 calories!! (And congrats on winning the camper!)

Kimberly

Lee said...

Oh my gosh that was funny!! Okay, it was funny to us listening in....but I definitely don't think I would have shown the patience you did. I prolly would have pretended to twist my knee!!! LOL

JoAnna Goodman said...

What a wierdo! Bless your heart!! You are too kind to have toughed it out -- I don't know if I could have, myself!

Nancy said...

Well You Go Girlfriend!
One big reason why I have my own treadmill in my stamping room. The only weird guy that bugs me in that room is my DH. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Ack - that is insane! You were much more patient with him than I would have been...just plain weird:)

Doris said...

Sounds like a success story to me--so thin, he didn't see you! lol

Maybe you could ask the child care person to come get you if there's a problem so that you can wear your head phones when Weirdo is around.

Sharon said...

OMG! I think you deserve to burn an extra 1000 calories just for listening to him. You Go Girl!!

Bella Rose Creations said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. You are such a nice person. My tip is wear your headphones...and keep them off. Usually they can't tell the difference *grin*. I used to do this on airplanes when I traveled for work...while reading a book (or work)...still didn't work all the time. Geez.

Tanja said...

hilarious! You've got me laughing out loud. (Congrats on winning the camper :) ). This guy reminds me of "Jimmy" from the gym from Seinfeld - "Jimmy likes Elaine, Jimmy likes the Price Is Right..."

Nettie said...

Hilarious story. I thought I was the only one that found all the weirdos!

Nettie

dawnmercedes said...

lucky you! you have your very own cheerleader! haha

Unknown said...

Very strange, I don't think I would have been as brave as you were and I would have switched. Good for you on doing your workout, you go girl!

Latisha said...

thats too funny about you go girl hahahaha, i would of died. Kind of wierd but an intertaining day at the gym.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I would've started asking him even weirder questions and WAY louder! LOL!

Heather said...

Oh dear! I thought I was the only one that kind of stuff happened to. I think your other commenters were on the money by suggesting you wear the earphones even if you don't use them!