Friday, March 14, 2008

"Hershey Stick Holder"


I am seriously addicted to making these. They are super easy and super fun and super fast to make. I saw them on someones blog and knew I had to make them. For the life of me I can't remember where I saw them to give them credit. I always put their name and blog address on the directions when I copy them but I didn't do that this time cause her name was watermarked on the photo, which I can't read.
Anyway. I started out making three because there are 9 Hershey Sticks that come in a pack. Then 3 turned into 6 and 6 into 10. I don't know if I can stop. I got the Hershey Sticks at Target. They are $1.99 per pack but for some reason (and it wasn't cause they were expired) the regular ones were on clearance for $1.38 So I bought a bunch. They are great for just having around for something quick to give some one. In fact my daughter wanted a birthday card to bring to school for her friend who has a birthday this weekend. So I found a card and gave her one of these. Perfect. The greeting stamp is from Hero Arts and I picked the one that says Just Because. Then I can give them out, just because.

Here is the side view of them so you can see what they look like.

I am also posting the directions and photo of how I made them so you can get addicted too. You don't need double sided paper because I think they pretty much have to rip them open to get to the candy. Unless you close them with ribbon.

Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Jersey Shore, Bo Bunny, Other DP
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie Brilliant Blue
Accessories: SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Scor-Tape, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Cord, Small Fiskers Hand Held Hole Punch, Hershey Sticks

You can find the Hershey Sitcks at the grocery store, Target, Walmart or Walgreens. Here is what the box looks like. They also have carmel, Mint, Dark. There are also other brands like Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch. I usually see them on the top shelf at the stores.

12 comments:

stampingmommy said...

Rochelle - these are fabulous!!! Love all your goodies, I am sure I will be addicted now too!
Heather (SBS10)

Tru said...

How do you make all these without eating all the chocolate??

By the way you've received the You Make My Day Award.
See my blog for details.
Trudi SBS10

JoAnna Goodman said...

I am so making these!! Great job, Rochelle!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great way to make a fantastic gift. Jennie

Linda SS said...

Hi Rochelle...
I haven't had a chance to pay you a visit since your adorable scratch & sniff card. Boy have I been missing out! Your gift sets & candy holders are out-of-this-world fantastic. WOW, I'm so in awe of your talent.

Nancy said...

Wow...these are adorable and so cute!
Another great project.
I must be totally out of the Hershey loop...I have no idea what a Hershey Stick is. LOL

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea. I love those hershey sticks have you ever had the mint ones? (yum) Thanks for sharing.

Alyssa said...

SOO COOL! I love these -- I'm definitely going to have to try this, too! Thanks for sharing -- and your orange card..AWESOME! I love the oranges as the scallops.

-Alyssa (SBS10)

Chris said...

these are very cute!! i don't think i've ever seen those hershey sticks...usually i buy my chocolate by IV bags only...so much easier....LOL >"< have a good weekend....

Whimsey said...

Too cute; where do you find the Hershey's sticks; I've never seen those?

Can't wait to make some; thanks for the directions!

~Michele
SBS10

Anonymous said...

I love all these great gift ideas you have and I have to say, I have never seen a Hershey stick! I can hardly wait to go shopping now!
Mary G

Krista said...

i remembered reading your blog, and while i was at Target doing some shopping therapy, i found them on clearance too! along with some Reece's peanut butter eggs!! i am addicted to Target and anything i can find on clearance there!