Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"Cootie Catcher"


Remember cootie catchers from when you were a kid? We made these at my stamp camp last weekend. Super cute, am I right? These are so fun. We used a whole 12 x 12 sheet of paper. You can use any size as long as it is square. I am going to use this for the centerpiece on my table. I know I will have to refill the candy though. The kids are all ready taking candy when I am not looking. I stamped the chick in black on saffron paper and then on white paper. I cut out the egg from the white paper and put it on the chick and added stickles to give it a little bling.

The stick kept falling over so we stuck it through a starburst to keep it standing tall. I bet Martha Stewart didn't think of this.
Stamps: A Good Egg, So Many Scallops, Every Day flexible Phrases
Paper: Groovy Guava Designer Prints, So Saffron, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron
Accessories: Skewer, Giga Scallop Circle Punch, Marvy Circle Punches, Stickles, Candy, SU 1 Inch punch, SU Scallop Punch

Directions can be found Here
After step 3 flip the paper over and continue from there. Martha didn't tell you that part. I think she just wants to keep it all to herself.

10 comments:

Lee said...

That's just soooooo fun!! What a cute little chickie too!! I totally remember making "cootie catchers"!! Are we showing our age??? ***gasp*** LOL

Melissa said...

This is awesome Rochelle!

I don't know if I'm just dingy or what, but even following the instructions I wasn't able to make one of these things so I applaud your outstanding work!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Whimsey said...

Too, too cute! Love it!

~Michele (SBS10 Sistah)

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Rochelle, this is adorable. I must try this. Thanks for the directions.

Anonymous said...

Ah. Yes, Cootie Catchers. They have never been this cute before! Nice!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Well, this is just too cute!! I'll have to give one of these a try -- Alyssa will love it!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I made one of these too! My daughter keeps trying to take it so that she can teach me the real way to use it! I keep trying to tell her that I know how, I used to do it all the time when I was a kid, but she doesn't believe me!

Nancy said...

Oh now I have to make one of these for the baby shower! This would be perfect for all the little candy munchies.
Your "cootie catcher" is just so adorable!
Love the little chickie.
Thanks for sharing the pdf directions.

crazy4mycrafts said...

Love the cootie catcher Rochelle! I'm gonna have to sit down and make one of these--but as always, never enough time!

Jane said...

Love this! Still trying to decide what to make for coworkers for Easter. You aren't making my decision any easier by displaying more cute ideas! LOL.

Jane