Friday, March 21, 2008

"Card Holder Tutorial"


You asked for it. Here it is!!! This is a tutorial for the card holder using the Scor-Pal. If you do not have one I will also give you the measurements for the Fiskers Cutter which is what I used before I got the Scor-Pal. Printable directions are at the bottom of this post.

Step 1: Line up your paper at ¾ inch and score at 1 1/2, 2, 8, and 8 ½

Step 2: Flip paper and line up at ¼ inch and score at 3 ¼, 4, 8 ½, and 9


Step 3: Cut along the scor lines so it looks like this










Step 4: Round the corners of the smaller panel











Step 5: Flip around and put Scor-Tape on the back of the flap not rounded




















Step 6: Fold and put together

Step 7: Cut strip for mat 6 x 1 ¾ and another one you will stamp on 6 x 1 5/8

Step 8: Stamp image and adhere to mat

Step 9: Cut inches 11 ½ inches of Ribbon and adhere to the center inside of the card holder and wrap around back and adhere to front flap. I use Glue lines to secure ribbon.

Step 10: Adhere mat and stamped image to front flap and add Velcro dot to close card holder. Depending on the thickness of the cards, this card holder will hold 6 cards with envelopes.

Printable Directions for Scor-Pal

Printable Directions for Fiskers

If you can not open these in PDF form, shoot me an e-mail and I will send it to you in a word document. Let me know if you want the Scor-Pal directions or the Fiskers Cutter directions.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! I am SO making one of these!!

Thanks so much R.!

Many Easter Blessings,
M.

Dana said...

I'm a faithful reader of your blog and I gotta say your tutorial ROCKS! Great job and love your creations!

Lisa Burns said...

Just wanted to say GREAT JOB with this project and thanks so much for posting the instructions on how to make! That's so nice of you to share :o) !! Happy Easter!
Lb

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Love your blog!

Alyssa said...

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to do this! Thanks for sharing, Chris!

Jackie said...

Thank you SO much for posting this, it makes it so easy to understand! I will be making one of these tonight.

Jackie said...

AND thank you for putting up the PDF, I really appreciate that alot!

Anonymous said...

awesome! thanks so much for sharing those directiins! I can't wait to make one!!! Hopefully it will be as easy as you make it sound!! :) Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!
Amanda
stitchnaway@carolina.rr.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the instructions I am goint to get some made today.

You are so very kind!

stampingmommy said...

This is such a great idea!! TFS!!
Heather (SBS 10)

Anonymous said...

You've outdone yourself again! Can't wait to make one of these! Thank you! Susan

Anonymous said...

great directions for this. I love the whole gift set you made to match. Such a pretty color combo too!

Joy Jenkins said...

Oh yeah!! Gotta make one (or two or three) of these. Too cute!

Amy said...

Thanks for the directions. I like to make boxes but HATE to figure them out myself! I may do a box like this for class sometime.

Do you like your scor-pal? Do you use it much? I have been thinking about getting one.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Card holder making process is very simple..i like the one you shared here. while making a card holder..i think design is one the most important points you should keep in mind..
ticket frames