Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Baby Gel Card'


I made one of these for my friend a few years ago when she was expecting. I haven't had any other friends expecting until now. So I made this one for her. How fun is this card? I used to make gel cards all the time but I haven't made one in over a year. I think I will have to make some more. I totally forgot how much fun they are and how much people like to get them. Here are the directions for the gel cards on SCS.

Here is what it looks like under the dress. The Turquoise paper is the card. It opens just like a regular card. The dress is on the front. Super cute ha? The "cleavage" is just a cut out triangle out of blush blossom that I glued onto the red. I do not have a template for this. But here is what you can do. Click on the picture of the outside of the card and print that out. Cut out the dress. Trace that once on the color that you are going to use for the dress and once on blush blossom for the tummy.
Stamps: Cuddles & Tickles
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White, Blush Blossom, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: SU Markers, SU Scallop Punch, Ziploc Baggie, Hair Gel, Scor-Tape, Red Grosgrain Ribbon

14 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh my gosh...that is so adorable!

Lee said...

Oh how fantastic!! What a super idea!! I've never made a gel card yet....hmmmm!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is toooo cute! Great idea!

Doris said...

How clever--I love it!

Melissa said...

This is fabulous Rochelle! You go girl!

Many Blessings,
M.

Bella Rose Creations said...

That is soo funny! I love it. And boy does that baby look happy in there. Congrats to you friend.

Gwen said...

now that is just too stinkin' cute!!!!!

stampingmommy said...

This is a fabulous idea!! I love the baby in the gel pouch! Super clever.
Heather (SBS10)

Unknown said...

Totally Rockin', I have not seen a gel card done like this before and I love it!

Sandra Smart said...

This is just so cute. Going to try this one for sure! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Way to cute! Totally fun! Will have to try it!

Kyky said...

Cute and creative!!
kyky

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Oh my goodness! This is to stinkin' cute!!!! Love it.

Paula said...

Oh wow - this is way cool! Haven't seen on like this before!