Sunday, February 17, 2008

"One Cool Cat"


This one almost turned out how I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong. I really like this card. But the flower placement is a little off. I put the brads in the center of the flowers and laid them where I wanted them and it looked great. But when I went to glue them on, they didn't go where they were supposed to go. Then I had to add more cause I had spaces where there shouldn't have been spaces. So I ended up with more flowers than I had planned. Oh well. I think it still looks cool. I e-mailed it to my friend Shelly and she asked if it would cost more to mail it cause of the weight of all the brads. But it isn't that heavy so I think it will be ok. I got this paper at Joann's. It is one of my favorites. My card is 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 and fits in the Stampin' Up open ended envelopes. I love making this size cards. I also put turquoise stickles on the cats collar.
Stamps: Cool Cat
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White, DCWV
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Primas SIlver Brads, Stickles

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go Rochelle! I recently did a card in a similar size and I loved the difference it made in the layout.

Fabulous job!
M.

Lauri said...

Nice card! I have never tried that size card, but now I will!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This is one cool card!

Debby Winters said...

Love your card! The flowers look find to me. I have mailed cards with much more hardware on it then your card and it hasn't cost me any extra.

Unknown said...

That is a lovely cat. I like the flowers, makes her very chic. I am going to try that size for a card to see how I do.

Gwen said...

way cute!!! I just adore that paper!

Doris said...

I have that set and can't wait to try it on that size card. Having all those flowers is so realistic--that's just the way cats are!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the colors Rochelle!

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Cute card, Rochelle. I love the colors.

Lee said...

Rochelle.......I think it's absolutely the Cat's Pajamas!!!! LOL Truly.......I love this card!! The colors, the dp, the flowers.....it's fantastic!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

This is cute, love the colors, and the different size card.

crazy4mycrafts said...

All I can say is YUMMMM!! This card is very eye-catching! Love it!