Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Lovin' The Long Card"


Along with being addicted to the Jersey Shore paper. I am also addicted to the long card. It is 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 scored right down the middle. They fit in the SU open ended envelopes. I think they are fun to make. I love making the regular size cards but these are super fun. The only down size is that you can only make one per sheet of cardstock.
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Jersey Shore
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Giga and Mega Scallop Circles, SU White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

Here is another long card I made. I decided not to use birthday whimsy on this one. Seeing that is the only stamp I used for two days. I colored the cake with markers and popped the image up with dimensionals. Are you sold on the Jersey Shore paper yet?
Stamps: Warmest Regards, Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Jersey Shore DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers, Giga and Mega Scallop Circles, SU White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Both cards are adorable and yes I just added Jersey shore PP on my wish list =)

Alex said...

Both of these card are GREAT - love the long card too! So fun! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa Hetrick said...

thanks for sharing this. I'm going to do this at my next workshop. I love the long card idea, too. Never tried to make one. Lisa SBS10

Unknown said...

I love both of the cards you have made today! Great colors and DP.

Lauri said...

You are right, this paper is gorgeous! I finally connected with a local SU demo so this is on my list to buy right away! Thanks for sharing!!

Alyssa said...

Wow! I am seeing long cards in a whole new light! Thanks for sharing! Cheers - Alyssa (SBS10)

KIm VZ said...

I've got to get some of the Jersey Shore DP!! And I think the long cards are so appealing.

Anonymous said...

These cards are great - love the almost monotone look of both of them.

Lee said...

Wow!!! Such fantastic cards!! And yes, I'm lovin' that Jersey Shore paper!!! I love the 3 tiered cakes!! Very cool!! I keep forgetting I need to try this card size....I love these!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I must try one of these long cards, but gotta get some envelopes to put them into! And maybe some of that paper too!

crazy4mycrafts said...

cute card!! I just ordered this paper... You're giving me great ideas!

Tru said...

I love these cards and the colours you've used, hope you don't mind if I case them!! and the one below.
Thanks for your comment - I've got a few days off now to recuperate so can't wait to get some stamping done - once I've caught up on the housework.

Lastel said...

These are really cute !