Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Hip To Be Square"


Isn't this pretty? We made this in stamp camp. Cased from lovetostamp6, you can view her card here. I am totally loving the squares. The card is also square. It is 5x5. I don't make too many of these cards. Mostly cause I don't have any envelopes. But I really like them. I guess I will have to get some envelopes. Cause I really do like them. I see from the scan that my squares don't match up. Oh well, I love it anyway. We did masking on the image. We stamped the chocolate chip hearts first then masked them and stamped the pink ones. The big one is cut out and popped up with dimensionals. The image piece is also popped up with dimensionals. The square pieces are berry bliss designer paper with the exception of the pomegranate squares, those are cardstock and they are embossed with the cuttlebug. How cool does that look?
Stamps: Happy Hearts, Small Script
Paper: Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Square Punch, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders

15 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love this card! The colors are great!

Lee said...

I love these square quilt-type cards!! I really love making square cards so I have more room for embellies!!! LOL This card is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Time for me to do a square card! I am sure there is a template out there in internt land for a square envelope!

Latisha said...

this is a beautiful card!

Velta said...

Rochelle ~ Great use of the new designer paper from SU!! I just love the look of this card...so eye catching :)

Unknown said...

Such a great card, I love the colors and how you have stamped the hearts. Very pretty!

L said...

I really love this card. My favorite colours and a great layout. Well done!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Another great square card using more squares of that beautiful dp! I like how you added the embossed square too, very nice! Gonna try this one tonight too!

dawnmercedes said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!


haha...thanks for all your fun ideas and instructions...


YOU TOTALLY ROCK!

Chris said...

what a great card!! i'm so caseing this one!! >"< i love it!!

Debby Winters said...

What great colours! Love all the squares! Great card!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the color combo, such a great card, the hearts are fantastic.

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

I love this card! The colors are awesome together! You did a great job!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

How cute is this...Love it!!!!

crazy4mycrafts said...

I just love this card!! The colors are great!