Friday, February 29, 2008

"Basketball Stamped Candle"


Here are the stamped candles I made for the gift set. These are super fun. Here are the directions from splitcoast. I do mine a little different though. I don't cut out my images on the tissue paper. I measure my tissue paper to go around the candle, then stamp on it. Then I get a piece of wax paper. I wrap the stamped tissue paper around the candle and then wrap the wax paper around that. Then pull it tight around the candle and heat it with the heat gun. You can use solid stamps like I did or you can do out lined stamps and color them with markers. I get my candles from the dollar tree. I think I am going to do a stamped candle in my next parks and rec class.
Stamps: Have a Ball
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Tissue Paper, Wax Paper, Heat Gun, Candle, Organdy Ribbon.

7 comments:

Lee said...

What a great gift idea, but still masculine!! I've got to try stamping on candles still!!

Rochelle W said...

They are actually for a girl. She plays basketball and her school colors are maroon and white. She is out right now with a knee injury so this is going to cheer her up.

Rose Ann said...

Fun candles!! I still haven't tried this technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These turned out cool!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Really nice candles! She will love them.

Unknown said...

These are really nice, so did I understand right the wax paper stays on the candle covering the tissue? I have not tried this before, needs to go on my to do list.

Rochelle W said...

You wrap the wax paper around the tissue paper when you heat it for two reasons. first, there is wax on the paper and that helps to melt the tissue paper into the candle, second, when you hold it tight, it helps to prevent the tissue paper from getting wrinkled. But you remove the wax paper when finished. It does not stay with the candle. Clear as mud?