Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Stamp-A-Ma-Jig Tutorial"

I have been asked what single product I have that I can't live without. Hands down it is my stamp-a-ma-jig. I use it every time I stamp. I had a corneal transplant a few years ago due to a serious infection which makes it hard for me to see sometimes and to stamp a straight image. I also own some stamps that I bought used that weren't mounted straight as well as some that I mounted that aren't straight. The stamp-a-ma-jig is the key. I made a tutorial for those of you who don't have one or have one that is still sitting in the box because you don't know how to use it. Mine sat in the box for about 6 months before I broke it out. I thought it looked confusing. It really isn't. So here is how you use it.

Line up two sides of the transparent sheet next to the stamp-a-ma-jig. You can do it on the right side too if you are left handed. Or on the top. It doesn't matter as long as two sides are lined up.

Slide your stamp down the side of the stamp-a-ma-jig and stamp your image on the transparent sheet

Remove the stamp and now you can see how the stamp will stamp.

Line up the transparent sheet on the cardstock that you are going to stamp on. This stamp is a little crooked because it was made this way. I don't want it to be crooked on my paper so I will line it up so the bottom of the cupcake is straight.

When you have the image where you want it, line up the stamp-a-ma-jig

Now remove the transparent sheet and hold down the stamp-a-ma-jig so it doesn't move.

Stamp your image onto the cardstock, making sure to line the stamp up on the two sides of the stamp-a-ma-jig.

Now you have a perfectly straight image.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't this just wonderful. I have never seen this before. Thanks for answering my "product" question.

Lisa B.

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a great tutorial! Maybe I'll have to get one of these after all...

Anonymous said...

I agree! I have seen this, and heard people use it, but could not figure out quite how it worked! Looks like I will need one as well! Thanks for the creat tutorial!

Unknown said...

I don't have one either, looks like I need to fill out another line on my must have list.

Great tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Clap, Clap, Clap! I have to say this is one of the BEST tutorials I have seen for the Stamp-a-ma-jig! I have one and use it often but it took at least six months before I tried it out.

Karen M in CO

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to show us how to use the stamp a ma jig. I have one which I've used several times with poor results. After reading your tutorial I realized what I was doing wrong and am ready to try again. A million thanks:)