Saturday, January 05, 2008

"Pull Out Gum Holder"


I was looking around the house the other day trying to find something to alter when my daughter grabbed some gum. I snatched it out of her hand and thought..."This is perfect!" I took the container apart and measured it so I would have a template. I put it together and slid the gum in just to make sure it was the right size and the gum fell out the bottom. I know my measurements were correct but I think my box was just a slight bit bigger. So I made another one and added a bottom so it was a box with one end open. Just like the wrapped hershey bar.

Stamps: Happy Hearts, Party Punch
Paper: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Eclipse Gum, Crimper, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Round Tab Punch

Here are the directions on how to make the gum holder.

9 comments:

Becky Elfert said...

Wow! Great job. Thanks for including the directions.

Unknown said...

Yet another amazing creation, I love it. Thanks for the directions on this one.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Wow, I just bought some of these style gum packs to decorate for Valentine's! Thanks for doing all the work and figuring out the measurements!! I owe you one! Yours turned out great!!

Gwen said...

this is totally cute!! thanks for sharing!!

CreativeMish said...

This is a great idea for the girls I work with. We're all on a fitness program and candy is pretty much a no! no!

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh fabulouso!

dawnmercedes said...

I was tagged and now you're it too!

http://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com/2008/01/tagged.html

Poppy's Mom said...

Wow! What a great idea!

StampingBetty said...

That looks great! I keep wondering what kind of things i could do with one of those gum packs!