Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"C Is For Cookie"


You might remember I made these last year for my daughters birthday treats in

kindergarten. Or not. LOL Anyway, Katie is turning 13 this week and they do birthday parties at lunch. When it is your birthday you bring some kind of treat for your friends. She asked for the CD wrapper cookies. I bought the CD sleeves at Wal-Mart. They come 50 in a pack. I wrapped the giant cookies in saran wrap and also put a napkin inside and taped it closed. On the front, I printed "From Katie" off of the computer in SU colors to match the paper. Super easy and the kids think it is cool.

Paper: Brilliant Blue, Glorious Green, Yo Yo Yellow, Real Red, Only Orange, Whisper White, DCWV Polka Dot Paper From The Summer Stack
Accessories: CD Sleeves, Giga and Mega Scallop Circles, SU Circle Punches, Saran Wrap, Napkin, Giant Cookie.

18 comments:

pescbrico said...

what a clever idea!! it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Lee said...

What a fun idea!! Very colorful and festive!! Thanks for sharing this......I'd love to CASE these!! I hope your daughter has a very special week!!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Very cool! These turned out great! I'll have to do these for Alyssa's b-day, too! I hope Katie has a great week!

cyndi said...

that is great! i had used those CD envies for a lady bug bday invite but never thought of cookies!!! wow
tfs

Gwen said...

so, so cute! you are just the bomb at this stuff!!!

Sandra Smart said...

WOW, these are so cute! Great job!

Hey Hey Paula said...

So clever and a great way to celebrate with friends. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute - great mom!
Thanks for the ideas
Annette
ink-paper-scissors-rock.typepad.com

JenniferL. said...

Those are so cute! Off to Wal-mart to look for cd sleeves.

Bella Rose Creations said...

How bright and cheerful! I really appreciate that you post pictures of the item...it REALLY helps to find it!

So I have to ask...do you make the cookies? They look really, really good!

Rochelle W said...

No no no, the cookies are store bought. They are giant ones so they fit perfectly in the holder.

Heather Grow said...

OMG Rochelle. You just gave me the best idea. I love it!

Lisa Hetrick said...

I have a ton of these sleeves. What a great idea. Love the inspiration you've shared. SBS10 - Lisa

ThreadCatcher said...

Great idea! Thanks for showing me just what to look for when I go to Walmart. You said you bought the cookies, were they at Walmart also? (I would rather stamp than bake any day!) Jenny

kathleenh said...

Ok. Now I totally have that song stuck in my head.... C is for cookie, that's good enough for me. lol! This is a great idea! What a cute way to dress up a cookie.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Great idea for birthdays! Very cute! I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Laura said...

Awesome idea. I love all the things you come up with! I will have to go to Walmart again. LOL
Laura

stampingmommy said...

Rochelle - your blog is amazing! You have so many great ideas!!! Subscribing so I don't miss any cool cards or treat holders. TFS everything :0)
Heather (SBS 10)