Saturday, December 01, 2007

"Gift Set Pop Top Container"


This also goes with the snowman gift set that I am making. I will post the whole set tomorrow. I get the pop top fruit cups at Costco. They don't seem to have them at the grocery store anymore. We will be eating a lot of diced peaches in the next few weeks. I cut the bottom of the container off with a safety can opener. You can get them at Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond.....you get the idea. They are around $8. What is does is when it cuts the bottom lid off, it leaves kinda a lip and it isn't sharp. After you cut the bottom off and take the fruit out, wash and dry the container. Then you can decorate the tin. After I glued the wrap around, I put the tin upside down. (so that the open part is up) I put four wrapped Hershey nuggets inside, then covered them with paper shred to fill the space. So that when they open it the nuggets are in a bed of shred. To glue the bottom on, I went around the lip of the lid with diamond glaze (crystal effects) and put the bottom back on and set it on the counter. I also put a water bottle on top of the container for a while. Just to have something heavy on it while it dries. It takes about 15 minutes.
Stamps: Snowflakes
Paper: Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Fruit Cup, Paper Shred, Hershey Nuggets, Address Labels, Diamond Glaze, Grosgrain Ribbon,

3 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

I love these, and you always give such good instructions! Thanks!

Doris said...

What a great gift idea! I can't wait to try it. There's going to be a run on diced fruit at stores around the county!

Nancy said...

These pop tops are so adorable. I would love to make some...but that's a lot of peaches to eat from Costco! *grin*