Monday, November 19, 2007

"Citrus Everywhere"

I don't have a card to post today. I had to go to the ER last night and get more stitches. I had my stitches removed on Thursday but last night I hit my incision on the door knob and it split wide open. It didn't hurt but I had to get it stitched up. I got 6 stitches this time. I only had 4 last time. The ER doctor also found two pieces of the tumor that didn't get removed. So I was so mad. If it hadn't have split open, the left over tumor would have grown back. So I guess the accident was a blessing. Anyway, I thought I would show you my citrus trees.

This is my dwarf tangerine tree. We planted it in June and it had the non ripe fruit on it. They looked like little green golf balls. I think these will be ready in a few more days. I can't wait to try one of these little cuties.
This is my lemon tree. I sent Tony out to trim it two summers ago and he trimmed it to 5 feet tall and very very bare. This is the first crop that we will have since then. I was so mad when I looked at the bare tree. But it came back bigger and better than before so I am over it. LOL

There are already 100 lemons ready to be picked. We give away a ton of them all year long. The lemon season is January and February. We will have lemon water and iced tea with lemon all year. I have also found some good chicken recipes to use with the lemons. And not just lemon bars. Which are fantastic. When we had our first crop, I made lemon bars and sent them home to MN for my family.

6 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Sometimes things happen for a reason. Glad your ok. Love the lemon tree - yummy! I love lemons. Lucky you! :)

JoAnna Goodman said...

Rochelle- Sorry you had to go to the ER, but it did sound like a blessing after all. Love, love your citrus trees. Yummy!

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, at least you had the balance of the tumor removed, which is a good thing, love your fruit trees.

Ret said...

Rochelle, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I'm glad they could see the remains of the tumor this time & get it! A blessing in disguise.

You are so fortunate to have producing fruit tree's! I would just love to have them. your tangerine tree is just adorable.
tfs.

dawnmercedes said...

super pix!

crazy4mycrafts said...

OMG these lemons are making my mouth water! So glad you are ok....