Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Stippled Leaves"


These are the cards I made at stamp camp. The first one is a case from the catalog. There are some changes though. We did direct to paper and used different colors. I have never stippled before so these were cool cards for me to make. If you haven't stippled either, here is what you do. You stamp the stamp in the ink, then take the stippling brush and tap it in re inkers and then tap that on the stamp then stamp it on your card. Does that make sense? For the first card, here is the details.
Stamps: Autumn Fest, Much Appreciated
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Marigold Morning, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Close To Cocoa, Garden Green
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Square Punch, Stapler, Stipple Brush, Re Inkers

This card used some of the new In Colors. The leaf is also stippled on this card. I like this card even if it is simple. I guess sometimes simple is best. This isn't the style of card I would usually make but I really like it. I love the distressing we used.
Stamps: Autumn Feast, It's Your Birthday
Paper: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand, Really Rust
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Re Inkers, Hemp Twine, Distressing Tool

The last one I made using the same colors. I really liked doing the stippling, I just might have to get some of those brushes. I don't have a lot of solid stamps to do it with so maybe I should get this stamp set. It really looks cool.
Stamps: Autumn Fest, Much Appreciated
Paper: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand, Really Rust, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Stipple Brushes, Re Inkers

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These came out great, love the cards.

Dottie K. said...

So pretty! What a great technique. TFS :)