Monday, September 17, 2007

"Stamped Candle"


Here is a candle that I stamped for VSN. I stamped the tissue paper and then colored it with markers. Then I wrapped it around the candle and wrapped wax paper around that and heated it with my heat gun. If you haven't made one of these you have to try it. They are so fun. You can either stamp solid stamps or outlined stamps and color them with markers. If you stamp with solid stamps you might want to wait a minute before you heat it so that the ink can dry so it doesn't run. I made a few mistakes when I started making these. I get my candles at the dollar store. You can find the directions here for the stamped candles.
Stamps: Fall Whimsy, Tags and more
Paper: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tissue Paper
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: SU Markers, Wax Paper, Candle, Hemp Twine, Crimper, Heat Gun

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, this came out great, love the leaves.

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! Fabulous!

Doris said...

Thanks for posting your beautiful candle--it's perfect as a bonus project for my World Card-making Day workshop on Oct. 6th!!

Doris Smith
www.stampingtower.blogspot.com

Rosella said...

What an awesome candle. Absolutely LOVE it! Will have to try to make something like this myself. TFS!

crazy4mycrafts said...

This is so pretty!! Now I'm sad I sold that set! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Your candle is FABULOUS!! How colorful and pretty! Thanks so much for giving us the directions..I really have to try this!

Ticia said...

So cute, great fall accent.

Lynn Put said...

Your candle turned out so pretty, I wish I had a candle like this!