Sunday, September 30, 2007

"M&M Pull Up Holder"


I decided to make something for the Principal and Vice Principal at school. I bought two of the quart sized paint cans and I was going to fill them with wrapped candy. WRONG! Turns out that they aren't tall enough for the M&M holders or the Wrapped Hershey Bars. So I guess I will just have to put them in a cello bag with the other goodies that I am making, and save the paint cans for another project. I will take a picture of everything together when I am done. I made 50 of these M&M holders last year for a lady and I said that I was never going to make them again. They were a lot of work, well, I was wrong again. I made more. LOL

Here is how these work. There is a ribbon tied around the bottom of the M&M package and then tied at the top with a bow, when you pull the bow up, the candy pops out. Super cute ha?
Stamps: Trick or Treat
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Creepy Crawly DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Tangerine Grosgrain, Orange Stickles, M&M's, Hand Held Rectangle and Circle punch, Corner Rounder

Here are the directions to make these.

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, what a fantastic idea, these are great, thanks for the info, I will definitely have to try these.

Hugbuggal said...

Oh, these are too cute - thank you for posting directions on how to make them!
Big Hugs,
Tracy Marie

Melissa said...

Awesome awesome awesome! I'm going to start calling you Queen of the Favors!

ThreadCatcher said...

Another excellent treat Favor. You have such wonderful ideas!

Do I tape the front scored and flapped piece to the back or does the wrap around hold things together? Jenny

Rochelle W said...

You glue the front and back (black) pieces together to form a box. The wrapped piece (with the designer paper) is just a decoration. It doesn't hold the box closed. I hope that answered your question.

Dottie K. said...

Mmmmm I love M&M's. What a cute idea. Looks yummy! :)

JoAnna Goodman said...

Another adorable idea! You do the best favors! They always turn out looking great!

Ticia said...

Wow awesome job on all of your great halloween stuff!