Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Ugly Bird"


Ok, This is "Ugly Bird" Am I right?

So, here is the story behind "Ugly Bird" My friend Shelly and I were shopping at the Mall of America a couple weeks ago and we were in Archivers. I was looking for a couple of particular stamps. I was very disappointed in Archivers. The last time I was in one was two years ago when I was back for a visit and I was also with Shelly. They had a ton of stamps, but this time there wasn't many at all. So Shelly says, "you should get this cute bird stamp". I was like, "it isn't cute, it is an ugly long legged bird" She laughed. I told her I couldn't get it because it didn't have a price. So Shelly made me go ask how much the "Ugly Bird" stamp was. So I asked the lady and she said it was $6.99. So, I decided to get the stupid "Ugly Bird" stamp (since it was only $6.99). I challenged myself to learn to like it and maybe love it. So this is the first card I made with "Ugly Bird" I like how the card turned out too. I still think the bird is ugly, but I did manage to make a good looking card with it. I think the stamp goes perfect with the paper. The "Ugly Bird" is from Hero Arts. I didn't notice that until I bought it. They make cute stamps too. I don't know what happened this time when they made this "Ugly Bird" stamp. LOL I have made about 6 different cards with "Ugly Bird" Each one cutier than the last one. "Ugly Bird" is growing on me. I can't wait to share them with you. I have made some funny and cute cards with him.
Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Garden Green, Really Rust, Whisper White, Non SU DP
Ink: Basic Black, Garden Green
Accessories: SU Markers, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon

10 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

I like your "ugly bird" card but then I like all your cards!

Melissa said...

He's not so bad! :0)

Beverly Kissler said...

I don't think he is UGLY. Your card is beautiful. I do LOVE the paper. Wish I had some of that...lol.

Alhambra Club said...

I love Ugly bird, think he is adorable, sure all the male birds love her long legs, great card.

Anonymous said...

Gotta confess, your "ugly bird" looks like a swan to me! But then I bet you could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear too! I love the paper and I think the bird is cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ugly bird!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! You gotta know that is one cute bird! I can't wait til you post the rest of them. Why did you get that stamp and not me?!? Shelly

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic card, I just love the DP!!

Anonymous said...

i really love this card.

Anne said...

I'm with Shelly, LOVE the "ugly bird," which you've done very well creating with him! I LOVE birds and have quite a few. My friend Mare gave me the set of four by Hero Arts for my B'day and you might think they're ugly too?! *wink*

Hip-hip-hooray for UGLY birds! *LOL*

Hugs,
Anne :)