Monday, August 06, 2007

"Bee Happy"


These bees are so cute. They make me smile and want to bee happy. The first one is my favorite. I colored them with markers and added stickles to their wings to add a little shimmer. The bee happy greeting with the bee is from $1 clear stamps. I the tag is a sizzix tag die cut, and of course I had to use the cuttlebug. If you look closely, you can see some ink above the scallop circle. I stamped the bee happy greeting then ran it through the cuttlebug. It looked terrible so I tried to cover it up with the scallop circle. It was close but it still shows a little.
Stamps: Rubber Stampede, clear stamps
Paper: Creamy Carmel, Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders, Giga and Mega Scallop Circle, SU Markers, Stickles, Sizzix tag die cuts, Silver Cord

This one is cute too. I also added stickles to his wings. The Bee Happy greeting is from Stampendous. It matches perfectly. I used the really rust paper so it would match the flower pot. I have been trying to use more of the earthy colors since they aren't my favorite.
Stamps: Rubber Stampede, Stampendous
Paper: Really Rust, Creamy Carmel, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Mega and Giga Scallop Oval, SU Markers, Stickles, Sponges

9 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

I LOVE these bee stamps! You have to bring them when you come down for VSN!!!

Alhambra Club said...

These are too cute, love the emobssed background, did not notice the ink, old eyes.

Amy said...

Are you a SU consultant? If so, do you use your CB when you demo stuff? I am having my first workshop this weekend and have wondered about that.

Have a great week. Love these cards.

Rochelle W said...

I am not a demo. Someday maybe, but for now I stamp for fun.

Karen said...

First of all Great cards! I love those bees! 2nd I'm a SU demo and I will use the CB for some of my workshops but not a demo

Dottie K. said...

Love those adorable bees. Great cards. TFS

Ila said...

Aah....These are really Cute!! love the bees, background and tag. Can't see any mistakes here...

Unknown said...

you are such a goof........ no one would have ever noticed the booboo if you hadn't brought it up! I like the bee cards but I know you have some more "ugly birds" to show!!!!!!!! miss you already, can you come back? Shelly

Cheryl said...

I may have to look for that cute bee stamp when I go on vacation. Like the whole layout here.