Sunday, June 03, 2007

"When Life gives you lemons......"


Make a card!! I made this card because I can't wait for summer. I stamped the lemons and the leaves on whisper white and then used the cuttlebug embossing folder. I really can't get enough of those. When we moved to California I was so excited that we had a lime tree in our back yard. Because I love margaritas. We were going to sit on the patio all summer long (and winter) and drink margaritas. Ahh the life. The tree was full of little green limes, or so I thought. About 2 months after we moved in those little limes started turning yellow. I was horrified. I thought they were going bad or something. It turns out that it was a lemon tree. Duh.... Oh well, good thing I like iced tea. Cause that is what I am drinking on the patio. Here is my lemon tree. This picture was taken three years ago. The tree is way bigger now and very full. This was my inspiration for the card.

Stamps: Citrus and Such (retired) Sparkling Summer, Happy Everything
Paper: Yo Yo Yellow, Green Galore, and Whisper White
Ink: Yo YO Yellow, Green Galore
Accessories: Green Apple Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers,Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, that's a pretty card!!! And how sweet is that you have your own lemon tree!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

OMG!!! I LOVE this card! What a great idea to stamp all over and then cuttlebug! How fun! ok, now that I know you like margs (my favorite) we'll have to get together for stamping and margs!!!

Rochelle W said...

Kristine,
You're on. Next time we see each other, we are going to be stampin' and sippin' margaritas. What could be better? I think nothing.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great summer card,it is so bright and cheerful, love it. OK am ready for that ice tea now.

Mark said...

What a great card!!! Looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I'm an ice tea drinker also! But this lemonade card looks yummy! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I want a lemon tree! That is so awesome...I'm a total tea person, don't touch coffee of any sort...and I always use lemon in my tea! YUM! You are killin' me with that supply of lemons in your own yard! WOW! The card is totally cool, by the way...LOVE it! :)

Kristina Lewis said...

I love this card, the colors, the texture,...! Very inspiring! By the way, I live in Savage, so Burnsville is the next town over. Do you ever come to visit?

Anonymous said...

Rochelle - totally LOVE that card! When I was growing up in California we had an orange tree that almost totally covered part of our side porch. I loved being able to pick an orange right from the tree to eat! Plus, the SMELL was absolutely DELISH!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Rhonda

Nicole said...

beautiful! and I love how you CB'd the stamped bg!

Ticia said...

How funny! I was 21 before I saw a citrus tree. I live in Washington. We only have apples! I stopped and stared it looked fake to me!