Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"SCS CC117"


Here is my card for this weeks Splitcoast color challenge. I would have never put these colors together but they don't look half bad. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and the SU markers for the flowers and found some grosgrain ribbon that matched. I like the card but it looks like it needs something. I don't think I like all the space on the image. I started out thinking I was going to do the sketch challenge with the color challenge colors, so that could be the problem. The sketch challenge is the same as my card only there is a strip across the middle. I had a strip of vellum on it but it covered up to much so I decided to just go with the color challenge.
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Canvas, Warmest Regards
Paper: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: SU Markers, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Hodge Podge Hardware, Grosgrain Ribbon

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, the colors do go well together and the flowers are just the right image, love the ribbons on the card.

Melissa said...

Great work on such a hard color challenge!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Very pretty Rochelle!

dawnmercedes said...

well done!

Ila said...

Lovely! very nicely done!

Anne said...

Simple elegance! Love these colors and great stamp choices too!

Hugs,
Anne :)