Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"Sweet Candy"


Is this the cutest ever! I made the candy by rolling strips of quilling paper. I glued one of each color together and then put it in the quilling tool and wrapped it around. Then I put diamond glaze (or crystal effects) on the top of the rolled paper so it looks shiny like real candy. I finished by wrapping the candy with saran wrap and tied the ends with silver cord. Super cute ha?

Stamps: So Very
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Yo Yo Yellow, non SU pattern paper
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Corner rounder punch for the scallops, saran wrap, silver cord, quilling paper, quilling tool, diamond glaze

This is a picture of the quilling strips and the quilling tool. I got them both at Michael's. I think $10 total for both items.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAy too cute Rochelle! Where did you get that idea? i bet the postman charges extra for the thickness though, huh? Stupid postman!

Anonymous said...

And to think I was about to get rid of the quilling strips I bought five years ago and have not yet used....actually I have some other color papers that would look better as candy and all I have to do is run them through the shredder. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deb Lenox Leesburg, Virginia said...

ooohhh that is too cute.... I love it....
thanks for sharing....
I love all you do girl...
Deb

Anonymous said...

Totally wonderful!!! So cute!! I am always amazed at your ideas!!!

Michelle D. said...

What a darling card!! As soon as I saw it I thought those were real candies. You a SO creative Ü!

Melissa said...

How wonderfully creative! Fabulous job!!

Cafe Ink said...

OMG Rochelle! I have always been curious about quilling but thought I just couldn't start a new craft, but, I think I just might have to use my next coupon on some new toys. Thanks for sharing this adorable card.

Charmaine G

Unknown said...

It's just wonderful! It looks like real candy, and it's making me want to break the diet right now!!!