Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Shinny Shinny Flower"


I really wish that the scanner wouldn't take so much beauty from this card. It is absolutely gorgeous in real life. The shimmer of the iridescent ice is stunning. I think I have used this set once. Now that it is retiring, I will use it all the time. LOL I stamped the background piece with canvas, then embossed it with the cuttlebug embossing folder. I think it looks cool. Then I stamped the flower in black, filled it in with almost amethyst. I covered the image with versa mark and then iridescent ice and heated it. Man it really shines. I put the card together and then realized that I once again forgot the greeting. So I stamped the thinking of you on top of the embossed image. It kinda worked but it wasn't as dark as it should have been so I went over it with a black marker and you can't even tell.
Stamps: Mixed Bouquet, Warmest Regards, Canvas
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Versa Mark
Accessories: Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder, Dotted Ribbon, Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Gun, Word Window Punch, Pewter Brads from Hodgepodge Hardware

3 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I love it...and will imagine the prettiness that the scanner sucked out!

I really loved this set though I never bought it. Too bad it's retiring!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous - what a shame the scanner doesn't show up the sparkles. In any case it looks great even without that showing!! TFS

doverdi said...

Wow. This is so pretty. This is one color that I rarely use on a card. I should try it as I love this one.