Friday, May 04, 2007

"Lovin' Orange"


Ok, remember when I said that orange was a challenge for me? I think I am overcoming that one too. Man, I am having so many breakthroughs this year. LOL This card can be for a boy or girl. I made a card similar to this at stamp mania. I really loved the layout. So I made my own. I also added the word window decorations with the brads. It is easy and it adds just the right touch. I added stickles to the candles to jazz it up a little as well. I am so sad because most of the sets I have are retiring with the new catalog. What am I going to do? I am not a demo so it isn't a traumatic for me as for some of you. I counted my sets that are retiring and I am losing 36 sets, which for me is a lot because most of the ones I already had were retired.
Stamps: Tags and More, Cheery Chat, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, Old Olive, Yo Yo Yellow, Non SU Pattern Paper
Ink: basic Black, Only Orange
Accessories: Word Window, Black Brads, Stickles, SU Markers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh....this is an eye popping card. I love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Orange AND patterned paper??? What a rebel you are becoming! I love this card. Very caseable! Really love the word window punches with the brads...think I will have to try this...thanks for the inspiration!

Marie said...

This totally pops! Orange is my nemesis but you have inspired me to pull it out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is my 1st time to your blog!! And I LUV IT!!!! You are so very talented & can't wait to come back daily to be inspired! THANK UUU!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle D. said...

That colorful patterned paper certainly was helpful in getting you to come out of your comfort zone! You did a great job on this very happy card!