Friday, April 13, 2007

"Happy Birthday Cara"


I made this card for my demo's daughter for her birthday. She is turning 3. Orange is a color that I struggle with but I love love love this card. I found the paper at Michael's, the orange prima's and the grosgrain ribbon I won in blog candy and thought it would go nice with the paper, then to finish it off, I added orange stickles to the giraffe. I love this card. I wanted to make it special since it is for my demo's daughter. Y'all understand. I also seem to have trouble with pattern paper. But you will notice I have made a several cards lately with pattern paper. I think I am getting the hang of it. I really like how they are turning out.

Stamps: Happy Everything, Wild About You
Paper: Real Red, Only Orange, Whisper White, Non SU DP
Ink: Only Orange, Summer Sun
Accessories: Stickles, Prima's with brad center, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon, Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon

6 comments:

Nancy said...

This card is adorable!!!!
I'm very challenged when it comes to making cards for children....something I need to work on.But you definitely nailed this card. Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks great! I love your card. :) So sweet!

Michelle D. said...

This is darling!!! I'm not a big BB fan but I LOVE this card and will be saving it to my favs for a future case. Your blog candy flowers are the perfect touch to this very sweet birthday card!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this card...the oranges and yellows are super (esp. with your blog candy wins!).

QuiltNut Creations said...

great colors

crazy4mycrafts said...

you are making such fun cards with this Wild About You set.. I may just have to buy it now! OMG Stamping has taken a toll on my pocket book this year!!! So if that makes you an enabler, does that make me an enable-ee? LOL thanks for sharing!