Monday, March 26, 2007

"Pre-School Easter Treats"


I made these for Molly's pre school class. They are having an Easter Party on Thursday. These are "sour cream containers" Cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock into 4's (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) then stamp on the paper, roll lengthwise into a tube. (just like a toilet paper roll) then tape. Then squeeze one end shut, tape/glue inside and crimp. Squeeze other end shut in opposite direction tape/glue and crimp. That's it.

Stamps: All Wrapped Up Accessories
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Cool Caribbean, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red, Pixie Pink
Accessories: SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Jelly Beans, Crimper, Sticky Tape, Glue

I used sticky tape when I made it into the tube. For the ends I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. I use this glue for EVERYTHING. I haven't used a tape runner since last August. I love this stuff. It dries in like 5 seconds and I don't go through as much as I did with the tape runners. A 2 oz bottle lasts me 3 months. You can get them at Target for $3.99. You have to try it.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

These sour cream containers are sooo cute!!!
I'm sure your DD class will love receiving them. What a neat Mommy you are.

I will have to stop at Target and pick up a bottle of the adhesive.

Melissa said...

These are really cute! And I haven't tried that adhesive before, but I'm always running out so thanks for the tip. I think I'll try it next.

dawnmercedes said...

I love the added ribbon!

Lisa C. said...

thank you so much for showing the picture of the scotch stuff, I have been trying to find it, but not knowing what it looks like makes it hard!

Ila said...

These are adorable. I am going to have to look for that adhesive. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say what wonderful ideas you have and you inspire me all the time! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful things you make and I bet your kids and their friends can not wait for each holiday to see what you come up with!
Kelcey